When it comes to WordPress site hosting, WP Engine is a great option.
WP Engine allows you to maintain your site without having to worry about anything, so you can focus on operating your business.
The platform is simple to use, has great page loading speed and performance, and even provides the necessary customer assistance in the event of a problem.
WP Engine is an excellent choice for managed hosting services because it allows you to concentrate on providing the best possible experience for your customers.
|Web Hosting Name||WP Engine|
|Plans Start From||$25/ Month|
|Promo Code/ Coupon||Get 70% Discount|
|Features||Automatic security updates, daily backups, one-click restore points, and automatic caching|
What Is WP Engine?
WP Engine, which was founded in 2010, is currently one of the most well-known managed WordPress hosting providers on the market.
Serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen founded WP Engine after he recognized a need for specialized WordPress hosting as a result of the growing popularity of WordPress.
The hosting provider is based in Austin, Texas, with offices in San Antonio, Texas, London, Ireland, Brisbane, Australia, and Kraków, Poland (Poland).
WP Engine has received several awards for Best Place to Work in Austin and is a regular contributor to the core and community of WordPress.
Why Choose WP Engine?
WP Engine is an excellent option for people who want a managed hosting service with a lot of WordPress-specific features, excellent server speed, and knowledgeable technical support.
Bloggers’ tasks are made simpler by the technical aspects connected to its administration and installation, particularly for those who are just beginning out.
If you need quality in storage, security, and assistance, this is the company for you. This company is designed for developers and provides ten times faster performance.
Its user portal, which replaces the traditional panel, is extremely efficient while running applications.
This hosting offers a free SSL and CDN service in all of its plans through its user portal (because it lacks a panel), which improves the hosting service’s effectiveness by reducing bandwidth usage.
WP Engine Review – Plans and Pricing
While WP Engine only provides one kind of service – managed WordPress hosting – it does so with a variety of tiered plans.
These plans vary significantly in terms of the amount of resources they provide and the number of sites they support, implying that you’ll be receiving a highly scalable service.
Let’s briefly go through each of the WP Engine plans:
- Startup ($20 per month): You get support for up to 25,000 monthly visits, one website, 10GB of storage, and 50GB of bandwidth with this entry-level tier. You’ll also receive an SSL certificate and access to a worldwide CDN, among other things.
- Professional ($39.33 per month): With this plan, you may set up three sites and get up to 75,000 monthly visits. There’s also 15 GB of storage included.
- Growth ($76.67 per month): This plan boosts your traffic support to 100,000 and adds ten sites to your account. You also receive access to 24/7 phone support and the ability to import your own SSL certificates, in addition to more resources.
- Scale ($193.33 per month): This tier is quite similar to the previous one. It simply adds additional resources, increases your site count to 30, and allows for up to 400,000 monthly visitors.
- Premium and Enterprise: These are custom plans with different prices. They provide a wealth of extra tools and assistance, as well as the ability to upgrade your hosting from shared to dedicated servers.
These plans aren’t cheap, but they come with a ton of features and enough space for your website to grow.
This service is worth considering if you want to create one or more significant commercial or e-commerce websites.
WP Engine Pros and Cons
WP Engine is a well-known web hosting service, but it isn’t for everyone. Before deciding on a plan, consider the following pros and cons.
- WP Engine secures your site with a number of advanced security measures that other hosts don’t provide.
- Servers are optimized for WordPress, and your website loads fast thanks to WPEngine’s own Evercache technology. You also have access to a CDN, which improves speed even further.
- WP Engine’s unique front-end layer system can easily manage traffic surges without slowing your site down.
- WP Engine’s entire support team is made up of WordPress experts.
- WP Engine is a very popular host with a lot of positive feedback from customers for their reliability and outstanding customer support.
- Certain WordPress plugins are not allowed to be installed on your site by WP Engine, either because they clash with or duplicate WP Engine’s functionality or because they create a high server load. This includes a variety of cache, backup, related posts, and other plugins.
- WP Engine solely provides hosting services and does not provide domain registration. This means you’ll have to register your domains with a different company, which may be inconvenient for certain users.
- WP Engine is more expensive than shared hosting, but the features they provide are well worth the price.
Alternatives of WP Engine
If WP Engine isn’t for you, Kinsta and SiteGround are two excellent managed WordPress hosting alternatives to consider.
Kinsta is a great company that offers quality WordPress hosting to anyone, regardless of their business size.
Their managed WordPress hosting services are powered by cutting-edge technology and supported by exceptional customer service.
Mark Gavalda, a well-known WordPress developer and programmer, founded the managed WordPress hosting company on December 1, 2013.
Many website owners, whether beginners or experts, choose SiteGround as their hosting provider.
They provide a variety of services and hosting packages that are suitable for all kinds of websites, large and small.
The hosting company also offers three managed WordPress and WooCommerce hosting plans.
Read: Siteground Review
WP Engine provides basic managed WordPress hosting as well as a few additional services like site staging, GeoIP-based content loading, and strategic account management.
The absence of traditional hosting options like domains and emails and the company’s visitor and data limits keep it focused exclusively on WordPress, which is what they specialize in.
WP Engine Review FAQs
Is WP Engine a shared hosting company?
WP Engine is not a shared hosting provider and does not provide services that are similar to shared hosting plans.
WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting company that specializes in WordPress hosting.
Is WP Engine worth your money?
Yes, WP Engine is worth your money. WP Engine is the ideal upgrade choice if your company has surpassed the limits of shared hosting providers and shared VPS plans.
Can I cancel WP Engine hosting and get a refund?
From your account dashboard, you can cancel your WP Engine hosting service at any moment.
For customers who have pre-paid yearly price, they provide a complete refund for the first 60 days of hosting.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.