How difficult can it be to launch a small business website? The first time around, most people find that it’s a lot more complicated than they expected.
Finding a hosting company is just the beginning. What about registering the brand name of your business as a domain name?
Or starting from scratch by designing and creating the website?
And maybe you’re looking for a business email solution to accompany it?
And what happens if your site increases in size and you need more resources from your hosting provider?
If all of this makes your head spin, you’ll probably enjoy a service that takes care of everything in one place — WestHost.
|Web Hosting Name||WestHost|
|Plans Start From||$1.00/ Month|
|Promo Code/Coupon||Get 65% Discount|
|Features||Unlimited disk space, full DNS management, 1000 GB bandwidth, one MySQL database, SSH and FTP access, 30-day money-back guarantee.|
What is WestHost?
Since 1998, WestHost has provided web hosting services to clients in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States, Brazil, and India, among other countries.
The provider is committed to empowering its users to grow their businesses online by providing high-quality hosting services.
WestHost, which operates under the parent business UK2, can leverage the integrated hosting infrastructure of several providers to offer excellent services at low prices to its users.
WestHost’s web hosting service has more than a million domains registered, making its position in the industry evident.
Read: Hostmetro Pricing Review
Also Read: 10Web Pricing Hosting
Why Choose WestHost?
WestHost offers cloud-based web hosting services. Their hosting plans provide a slew of features and a lot of resources, making each one very worthwhile.
WestHost shared hosting plans typically offer US-based support, unlimited email accounts accompanied with 10GB storage each, at least 1TB bandwidth, a minimum of 50GB disc space, a website builder, cPanel, database storage, and free setup.
There are no limits on the number of websites you can host on WestHost’s shared servers (except for the Personal Hosting plan), which means you can save money on hosting by using their services.
Additionally, WestHost’s platform is designed to enable customers to set up and use apps with a single click, saving you valuable time.
WestHost – Plans and Pricing
WestHost offers various hosting solutions to suit the requirements of businesses of all sizes. Shared hosting and WordPress hosting are their most popular options.
Here’s a breakdown of what each price point includes.
Your website and files are kept in one of WestHost’s several data centers when you choose shared hosting. As implied by the name, you share a server with other users.
The low price of these plans is due to the lack of a dedicated server for websites. Small businesses and bloggers can choose from three options.
- Starter: Starts at $4.17 per month
- Pro: Starts at $6.17 per month
- Enterprise: Starts at $8.17 per month
Along with standard shared hosting packages, WestHost also offers WordPress-optimized plans.
WordPress is a widely used platform that is versatile and simple to use. With WordPress hosting, you can quickly and easily launch a website, e-commerce site, or blog.
Each WordPress site hosted by WestHost uses CloudFare’s content delivery network. This contributes to faster load times and lower bandwidth requirements.
Additionally, all websites are automatically backed up for protection, have built-in security features, and include malware cleanup tools.
WestHost also offers thousands of customizable themes to make your life simpler. There are three different hosting options available.
- Starter: Starts at $5.17 per month
- Primary: Starts at $11.17 per month
- Pro: Starts at $23.17 per month
VPS (virtual private servers) and dedicated server hosting are two of WestHost’s PRO options, which leverage virtualization technology to increase the available resources.
If you want more control over your Web server or have outgrown shared hosting, one of WestHost’s three VPS options may be the solution.
These three plans (Burst, Storm, and Monsoon) enhance the basic shared hosting solutions with dedicated CPUs and other upgrades.
- VPS1GB: Starts at $8.00 per month
- VPS2GB: Starts at $16.00 per month
- VPS4GB: Starts at $32.00 per month
- VPS8GB: Starts at $64.00 per month
- VPS16GB: Starts at $128.00 per month
If you’re looking for complete web server management and security, one of WestHost’s four dedicated hosting plans may be just what you’re looking for.
WestHost offers the same 60-day money-back guarantee on dedicated hosting services as it does on all other plans.
All of the services included within the managed hosting plans can be purchased a la carte for those who prefer unmanaged plans.
However, the price difference is modest enough to make managed hosting a more appealing option for anyone who does not want to tweak their web server.
- Atom D510: Starts at $95.00 per month
- Quad Xeon (Sandy Bridge) E3-1220: Starts at $160.00 per month
- Hexa Xeon E5-2620: Starts at $254.00 per month
- Dual Hexa Xeon E5-2620: Starts at $330.00 per month
Also Read: ResellerClub Hosting Pricing For Users
WestHost Pros and Cons
Before you make your final hosting decision, you should consider WestHost’s pros and cons.
- Free Domain Name For 1st Year: A pro of WestHost is that the provider offers a free domain name for the 1st year. This can be a great saving for businesses and bloggers just starting out.
- Nightly Backups: Another advantage of WestHost is that they offer nightly backups. This can be good for business owners who want to ensure their website and data are backed up in case there is any damage.
- 99.9% Uptime: A good point about WestHost is that they guarantee a 99.9% uptime. This means their customers should expect to experience minimal downtime at all.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee: WestHost also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. This can make it easier for customers to try them out risk-free.
- Great Credibility: Finally, WestHost has great credibility. They are known for their fast speeds and friendly customer service.
- Shared Plans Have Limited Features: The main con of WestHost is that their shared plans are limited in features. They do offer some great sites, but you may need to go with another provider if you need additional peripherals.
- Customer Service Can Be Slow: A common complaint about WestHost is that their customer service can be slow to answer questions. This may be inconvenient for some, but the chances of getting a timely response are good.
- Upselling Add-ons: Some customers may not like that WestHost automatically tries to sell them add-ons. If you need these, this can be a positive thing. However, if you do not, this can be annoying.
Alternatives of WestHost
If you are looking for WestHost alternatives, there are several affordable options that you can consider.
One of the best alternatives to Westhost is SiteGround.
SiteGround offers many popular features, including one-click installation WordPress and unlimited storage, bandwidth, and MySQL databases for just $3.95 per month.
It also comes with a cPanel control panel, so it is easy to use.
Read Full Siteground Pricing Review
Another alternative to Westhost is Hostinger. It offers all features like unlimited storage, bandwidth, and databases for free.
This’s why Hostinger has become one of the most popular hosting providers in the world, with more than 250 million users.
Read: Hostinger Pricing Review
If you’re looking for a reliable, affordable, and secure Web hosting provider, WestHost is worth considering.
The company has been in business since 1998 and offers four different types of hosting solutions to suit your needs.
With the wide variety of features available for each plan and competitive pricing, it’s easy to see why this web host is one of the largest providers on the Internet today.
Is WestHost reliable?
Yes, WestHost is a very reliable hosting provider. It has been trusted by more than 250 million users worldwide since 1998.
Is WestHost good for websites with heavy traffic?
Yes, it’s perfect for websites with heavy traffic.
What kind of support does WestHost offer?
WestHost offers 24/7 email and chat support, as well as a comprehensive knowledge base and user forums.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.