tsoHost is not the largest or most well-known hosting service in the industry.
However, the company’s consistent growth and steady leadership indicate that it is doing something right.
tsoHost is among the numerous smaller web hosting firms overshadowed by larger, international web hosting companies in recent years.
Just because it isn’t at the top of popular web host lists does not mean it isn’t a top pick… or is that the case?
When selecting a web hosting company, the decision is often based on a few aspects, such as reliability, pricing, and customer support quality.
We reviewed tsoHost to see how it compared up against those three characteristics (and the competitors) and found that it meets all three of those criteria well.
If you’re considering signing up, here’s everything you need to know.
|Web Hosting Name||WebHostingPad|
|Plans Start From||$5.08/ Month|
|Promo Code/Coupon||Get 75% Discount|
|Features||Free domain name, unlimited bandwidth, 100 GB storage, 512 MB memory, 30-day money-back guarantee, 1-click installs.|
What Is tsoHost?
tsoHost was founded in the United Kingdom more than 15 years ago, and they take pleasure in their mission to simplify, scale, and secure web hosting at an affordable price.
They pioneered the market in 2009 when they introduced an innovative backup solution that secures all client data regularly.
They are now regarded as one of the major hosting providers in the UK.
Initially, their main data center was located in the United Kingdom.
They chose to extend their borders in 2015, opening their first data center outside of the United Kingdom, complete with a dedicated server in Singapore.
However, individuals who purchase cPanel web hosting from tsoHost have the option of four different data centers: one in Amsterdam (the Netherlands), one in Singapore, one in Strasbourg, France, and one in an undetermined location in North America.
tsoHost seems to be aiming for the worldwide market in addition to its existing client base in the United Kingdom and Northern Europe.
They claim to have over 250,000 users and provide anything from domain registrations and WordPress hosting to customized server solutions.
Now, determining who owns tsoHost is a little more difficult.
The Paragon Internet Group, a subsidiary of the Host Europe Group, owns the UK web host. In turn, GoDaddy purchased this company in 2016, thereby acquiring tsoHost.
This is unsurprising, given GoDaddy’s billion-dollar acquisition of the lion’s share of the UK hosting industry.
Surprisingly, even under the new administration, tsoHost maintains great autonomy.
A few adjustments have been made, but the platform remains substantially the same.
It gives some assurance that tsoHost will avoid falling victim to GoDaddy’s dubious practices.
Also Read: InterServer Review
Why Choose tsoHost?
tsoHost’s cloud hosting plans come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, a one-click app installation, cPanel support, and unlimited bandwidth.
Each one-year or longer plan includes a one-year free domain name.
tsoHost offers personalized WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and PrestaShop hosting options.
If you intend to use these popular software applications, tsoHost may be an excellent alternative.
For example, WordPress hosting is a fully managed service that includes optimized WordPress, numerous software firewalls, and automatic security fixes.
tsoHost’s VPS and dedicated server solutions provide fast SSD storage for faster file access times.
Backups are taken daily, there are numerous software firewalls, and the host handles all OS upgrades and security patches, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Additionally, we like that tsoHost makes use of Softaculous, a robust auto-installer software package that enables the one-click installation of dozens of popular online applications.
It allows the user to quickly install Joomla, MediaWiki, WordPress, and PrestaShop applications.
tsoHost Review – Plans and Pricing
As you may guess, a company like tsoHost does not want to restrict its clients’ ability to do anything. This means providing a diverse range of web hosting options.
tsoHost offers basic web, WordPress, and VPS hosting, all of which come with various options to suit your business’s demands and budget.
Cloud Web Hosting
tsoHost’s shared web hosting services are entirely cloud-based, making them an even better value than traditional shared hosting.
One thing to keep in mind with these plans is their cost. While the plans are inexpensive — far less than what you’d pay somewhere else for cloud hosting — the premium plans include a custom domain.
Therefore, if you’re also considering purchasing a domain from tsoHost, the upgrade may be worthwhile.
- Economy: Starts at $5.08 per month
- Deluxe: Starts at $7.63 per month
- Ultimate: Starts at $11.45 per month
- Maximum: Starts at $19.09 per month
Managed VPS Hosting
tsoHost’s next level of service includes managed virtual private server hosting for Windows and Linux.
This means you’ll have greater flexibility over server configuration, but tsoHost will manage security, operating system support, uptime, and the software firewall.
Additionally, these plans include free setup and 24/7 technical assistance.
- Regular VPS: Starts at $46.68 per month
- Large VPS: Starts at $81.70 per month
- Super Size VPS: Starts at $117 per month
Dedicated Server Hosting
tsoHost also offers dedicated Windows and Linux servers for businesses that want a more robust solution for their high-traffic website networks or applications.
With these plans, you can expect specialized support from tsoHost, including server administration help, security upgrades, network monitoring, scheduled daily backups, proactive service monitoring, and 24/7 support.
- DS-32: Starts at $122.08 per month
- DS-64: Starts at $162.78 per month
- DS-128: Starts at $312.02 per month
- DS-256: Starts at $406.98 per month
tsoHost Pros and Cons
Like every other hosting provider, there are some advantages and disadvantages to using tsoHost.
Here’s a closer look:
- Transparent Pricing: One of the advantages of using tsoHost is that the company is very transparent about its pricing. You can easily find out how much each plan costs and what is included in each one. This makes it easy to find the right hosting plan for your needs and budget.
- Free Site Migrations: Many hosting providers will charge you extra to transfer your site from your old hosting provider to their service, but tsoHost offers free site migrations for any new clients that sign up.
- 24/7 Technical Support: One of the best things about using tsoHost is that you can contact them whenever you have a problem with your website. The company offers 24/7 technical support via live chat, email, and telephone.
- Free First Domain: Another good thing about tsoHost’s hosting plans is that you get a free domain name for your first year. This can save you lots of money if you plan to purchase a web address anyway, and it makes the sign-up process even easier.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee: tsoHost also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can sign up for a hosting plan, and if you are not satisfied with the service, you can get your money back within 30 days.
- No Free SSL on Smaller Plans: One drawback of tsoHost’s hosting plans is that you have to upgrade to a higher plan if you want free SSL. This means you’ll have to pay more than you might want.
- Mediocre Uptime: Using tsoHost might cause you problems if your website has uptime requirements. The company’s servers have an average uptime of 99.7 percent, which is below the industry average.
- UK-Based Servers: tsoHost’s servers are all UK-based, which could cause problems for some sites.
Read: Accuweb Hosting Pricing
Alternatives of tsoHost
If you think tsoHost is not the right hosting provider for you, check out these alternatives:
SiteGround is an excellent alternative to tsoHost. It offers many of the same features, such as unlimited storage and bandwidth, as well as a free domain name.
It also has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to set up your website.
Additionally, SiteGround offers excellent customer support, available 24/7 via phone, email, or live chat.
SiteGround plans start at $3.95 per month, making it a more budget-friendly option than tsoHost!
Read: Siteground Review
Another good alternative to tsoHost is iPage. Like SiteGround, it offers unlimited storage and bandwidth.
It also has a user-friendly website builder that you can use to create a beautiful website in no time!
And if you need help, contact their customer support team through phone or email. Best of all, the starter plan starts at only $1.99/month!
Overall, we were impressed with tsoHost’s features and pricing. The company provides various web hosting options for businesses of all sizes and budgets.
Additionally, tsoHost makes use of Softaculous, a robust auto-installer software package that enables the one-click installation of dozens of popular online applications.
Is tsoHost reliable?
Yes. tsoHost backs up all data daily and is proactive about security, so your website will be safe with them.
Who owns tsoHost?
tsoHost is owned by The Paragon Internet Group, which is, in turn, owned by GoDaddy.
Does TsoHost have cPanel?
Yes. Tsohost uses cPanel to host your website.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.