Site5 is distinctive among hosting companies in that it advertises itself as a 100 percent environmentally friendly company.
It operates servers in nine countries and employs a staff that is even more dispersed.
Site5 operates without a physical headquarters; all employees work from their homes.
Along with being a more environmentally friendly method to do business, it also significantly cuts expenses, allowing them to keep their hosting fees cheap for customers.
Site5, one of the most functional mounts in the EIG stable, is fast and has an excellent interface.
However, it lacks several critical features, making it seem a little overpriced. Read our full Site5 review to find out what we think.
|Web Hosting Name||Site5|
|Plans Start From||$6.95/ Month|
|Promo Code/Coupon||Get 51% Discount|
|Features||Unmetered storage and bandwidth, daily backups, 99.9% uptime guarantee, email accounts, 45-day money-back guarantee.|
What is Site5?
For 22 years, Site5 has been one of the most stable and reliable firms in the web hosting market.
Since its inception in 1999, this company’s professional and inventive approach has catapulted it to the top tier of hosting companies.
Although the company is based in California, USA, it has over sixty employees who work around the clock to provide the fastest web hosting service.
After 22 years of dedicated service, site5.com has grown into a successful business. It continues to deliver a high level of service to customers worldwide.
EIG acquired Site5 in 2015. The front remained primarily the same but much changed behind the scenes.
Keep this in mind while reading old Site5 hosting reviews as the web hosting provider has changed a lot after the
Site5 offers a diverse range of hosting services. It has dedicated servers, and each server serves a small group of individuals.
This results in faster service for clients, increasing the company’s reliability significantly.
Also Read: Accuweb Hosting Pricing Review
Why Choose Site5?
Site5’s feature set is disjointed, which isn’t ideal but isn’t bad either. We’re pleased to see that Site5 has many critical features that web providers should have.
Site5 offers shared web hosting, fully managed virtual private server (VPS) solutions, and reseller hosting.
You’ll get a 99.9% uptime guarantee, unlimited bandwidth and disc space, free website migration, an SSL certificate, and nightly backups with the web hosting packages.
Site5’s convenient site management makes it stand out from the rest.
Site5’s web control panel (cPanel) makes managing your site simple, and if you ever want a feature that is not currently available, Site5 appreciates feature requests.
If you ever want assistance, you can contact Site5’s support staff by live chat 24/7.
Additionally, Site5 has a 45-day money-back guarantee on any of their shared/reseller hosting services.
Site5 Review – Plans and Pricing
While Site5’s hosting options are not cheap, they provide unlimited storage space and unmetered bandwidth, and the entry-level package allows for 10,000 visitors.
Monthly prices are listed on a biennial payment cycle, which means you’ll either pay more than advertised or count on the 45-day money-back guarantee to get out of your two-year commitment.
Payment for plans can be made using PayPal or a credit/debit card.
The shared plans, which Site5 refers to simply as “web hosting,” are the foundation of the lineup.
Three tiers are available, although the differences between them are much minor than the names imply.
hostBasic is a shared hosting plan designed for a single website, while hostPro is a shared hosting plan designed for an unlimited number of websites.
However, at the top, there is a plan called hostPro + Turbo, which one would presume offers some performance advantage above the basic hostPro plan.
To your surprise, there is little difference. Apart from the additional price, the sole benefit of hostPro + Turbo is the ability to create multiple cPanel accounts for the websites you’re hosting.
Because the features, server specifications, and security are the same, unless you want additional cPanel accounts, hostBasic should run similarly to hostPro + Turbo.
- hostBasic: Starts at $9.17 per month
- hostPro: Starts at $14.45 per month
- hostPro + Turbo: Starts at $18.41 per month
VPS hosting is a more advanced and expensive type of hosting than shared hosting.
It has three plans: unmanaged, managed, and cloud hosting. The features and pricing will differ amongst hosting plans.
- VPS2: Starts at $64.80 per month
- VPS3: Starts at $89.10 per month
- VPS4: Starts at $114 per month
- VPS5: Starts at $158 per month
- VPS6: Starts at $178 per month
- VPS7: Starts at $257 per month
- VPS8: Starts at $332 per month
This is a hosting type for people considering starting their own hosting service.
Reseller packages have all of the shared hosting features, plus a few extras to help clients maximize their profits.
Reseller plans are also divided into three tiers, but with more differences between them.
All tiers are unmetered, which means you can offer as many packages as you wish as long as you have enough bandwidth and disc space.
- Starter: Starts at $25.95 per month
- Standard: Starts at $36.95 per month
- Premier: Starts at $54.95 per month
Site5 Pros and Cons
Before you pay for Site5’s services, it’s important to know what you’re getting into. Here are some pros and cons that we found:
- Free Automatic Backups: One major pro of Site5 is that it offers free automatic backups. This means that you don’t have to worry about losing your data, as Site5 will automatically back it up for you.
- 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee: Another pro of Site5 is that you essentially get a trial period of 45 days as long as you pay for one year upfront. This way, if the service proves unsatisfactory, then you can request a refund and just use another hosting service.
- Free Website Migration: Since Site5 has been in business for over 22 years, they understand how difficult it can be to switch hosting services. Luckily, Site5 provides free website migrations for clients switching from other web hosts.
- Google Adwords Credits: Site5 offers new users $100 of free credits for Google Adwords.
- Free Domain Name For 1st Year: Site5 will give you a free domain name for the first year.
- No Website Builder: One of the cons of Site5 is that it doesn’t offer a website builder, which means that all website templates will need to be purchased from an online store and installed manually.
- Slow Support: Another con of Site5 is that the support staff are very slow to respond to problems that pop up, leading to missed deadlines or unnecessary expenses.
- Expensive Pricing: Lastly, a drawback of Site5 is that its pricing is on the expensive side, especially considering that many competing web hosts offer better plans at lower prices.
Alternatives of Site5
If you still desire unlimited bandwidth and disc space, not to mention everything else Site5 offers, but you want to save money, here are two affordable Site5 alternatives:
Hostinger is an affordable hosting company that offers support for WordPress.
The entry-level plan costs $4.92 per month and provides unlimited domains, storage space, bandwidth, subdomains, emails accounts, MySQL databases, FTP accounts, and more!
Although this plan does not come with 24/7 customer care or automatic nightly backups like Site5, it is an affordable and reputable option for starting your own hosting company.
Read: Hostinger Pricing Review
Siteground is a web hosting company that offers various services, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting.
Like Site5, Siteground offers unlimited bandwidth and storage space as well as a host of other features.
One of the biggest benefits of Siteground is its customer service. They offer 24/7 support through phone, email, and chat.
They also have a comprehensive knowledge base and tutorial center to help you get started.
Additionally, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all their hosting plans.
Read Detailed Siteground Review
Site5 offers various hosting services, all with unlimited storage space and bandwidth.
While their prices are not the cheapest, they offer a 45-day money-back guarantee to those not satisfied with their services.
Additionally, Site5 makes site management simple with their cPanel control panel.
If you are looking for a reliable host that also makes managing your website easy, then Site5 may be the right choice for you.
Is Site5 reliable?
Yes. Site5 is one of the Top 100 private companies in Utah, and they’ve been around since 1999. They also offer a 45-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
Does Site5 offer dedicated hosting?
No, Site5 only offers shared, managed VPS, and reseller hosting.
Does Site5 provide SSL certificates?
No, but Site5 does offer a free domain for life with every plan. This makes the cost of buying an SSL certificate much easier to swallow.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.