When it comes to cloud-based managed WordPress hosting, Cloudways is one of the few providers that strikes a good mix between price and functionality.
In this article about Cloudways Web Hosting Pricing, we have mentioned all the things about it and also about its plans and services.
Cloudways offers fully managed hosting, ensuring that your WordPress sites load quickly and that you don’t have to worry about WordPress hosting issues.
Their platform-as-a-service Cloud servers provide a lot of great features, and you can scale up or down your hosting resources as your website develops.
Speed, performance, and security are all prioritized in their infrastructure.
If you’re still on the fence about utilizing Cloudways as your managed WordPress server, sign up for their 3-day free trial to give their platform a try.
|Web Hosting Name||Cloudways|
|Plans Start From||$10/ Month|
|Promo Code/ Coupon||Get a 40% Discount|
|Features||24/7/365 Support, Free SSL, one free migration, unlimited application installation, dedicated firewalls|
What Is Cloudways?
Pere Hospital, Uzair Gadit, and Aaqib Gadit founded Cloudways in 2009, and the company’s headquarters are located on the island of Malta in Europe.
They have offices in Dubai and Spain, and their 30-person team has assisted 8,000 users from 43 countries in launching 12,000+ servers and 25,000+ web apps.
Cloudways’ goal is to offer managed cloud hosting solutions so that its clients can focus on their businesses while Cloudways takes care of their hosting issues.
When it comes to cloud-based managed WordPress hosting, Cloudways is one of the few providers that strikes an excellent mix between price and functionality.
Why Choose Cloudways?
What distinguishes Cloudways WordPress hosting from traditional hosting?
In contrast to traditional hosting, which stores your site on a single server, cloud hosting stores your site on multiple servers (with a backup).
Because your site is hosted on multiple servers, it can be easily migrated in the event of an outage.
Because one of the other servers in the network may take over if anything goes wrong, cloud hosting increases uptime.
It’s usually faster than traditional hosting since the server can identify the location of your customers and provide content from the server closest to them.
Cloud hosts, on average, provide better security than traditional hosts. Cloudways processes your WordPress site using a variety of security methods, and their servers can expand extremely fast, which is perfect if your company site has a sudden increase in traffic.
Plans and Pricing of Cloudways
It offers a variety of managed hosting options to suit everyone’s needs, regardless of site size, complexity, or budget.
To begin, they have five infrastructure providers from which to select, and the pricing of your package will vary based on which infrastructure provider you choose:
- DigitalOcean: Plans range from $10 to $80 per month, with RAM ranging from 1GB to 8GB, processors ranging from 1 to 4 cores, storage ranging from 25GB to 160GB, and bandwidth ranging from 1TB to 5TB.
- Linode: Plans range from $12 to $90 a month, with RAM ranging from 1GB to 8GB, processors ranging from 1 core to 4 core, storage ranging from 20GB to 96GB, and bandwidth ranging from 1TB to 4TB.
- Vultr: Plans range from $11/month to $84/month, with 1GB to 8GB of RAM, 1 core to 4 core processors, 25GB to 100GB of storage, and 1TB to 4TB of bandwidth.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Plans range from $85.17 per month to $272.73 per month, with RAM ranging from 3.75GB to 15GB, vCPU ranging from 1-4, storage ranging from 4GB to 4GB, and bandwidth ranging from 2GB to 2GB.
- GCE: Plans range from $73.62/month to $226.05/month, with RAM ranging from 3.75GB to 16GB, vCPU ranging from 1-4, storage of 20GB across the board, and bandwidth of 2GB.
These are just the featured plans. Additional plans and customized plans are also available.
Remember that these are pay-as-you-go plans. You may scale up (or down) at any time, which implies that the more bandwidth you use, the more you pay.
Cloudways Pros and Cons
- Flexibility: the primary reason to choose Cloudways would be to switch to a new hosting plan anytime it suits your needs, making it a real pay-as-you-go service.
- Performance: all of the hosting options will remain online nearly 100 percent of the time. On top of that, when we checked the speed, it was really excellent.
- Server features: all servers launched on Cloudways include SSD-based hosting and built-in caches, amongst others.
- Security: The dedicated firewalls and 2FA solutions are also excellent.
- Backups: use their dedicated plugin to manually backup your site or let their system do it for you hourly or daily.
- Support: It’s not that the support is poor; rather, it’s because it’s divided into levels. With the base plans, you only receive 15 minutes of live chat, which may not be enough to get to the root of the problem (it gets turned into a support ticket after that). If you pay for the supported add-on, you can receive additional minutes.
- Not the most user-friendly: Even though it looks nicer than cPanel, the backend isn’t the most intuitive. It’s clearly targeted at more technical people.
- Too many options: The hundreds of Cloudways options can drive you into overthinking mode if you suffer from decision paralysis.
So with all the above in mind, what are the pros and cons of Cloudways?
Alternatives of Cloudways
If any of the more technical words in this review, such as CDN, staging, or server customization, have left you confused, you should definitely go elsewhere.
There are fewer technical options and easier alternatives that will host your site with excellent speed.
With over 2 million websites, Bluehost is the most popular web hosting provider on the market.
Because of its safe hosting options, domain registration, and other professional services, we think Bluehost is not just the most popular web hosting company but also one of the best overall—especially for those building a website on WordPress.
Read: Bluehost pricing Review
GreenGeeks is one of the most outstanding companies in any area when it comes to sustainability.
According to the EPA’s Green Power Partner List, GreenGeeks is the #1 web host and the #2 overall company in terms of green power percentage of total energy usage.
GreenGeeks is also a good web server with a net positive carbon footprint.
They may be small in contrast to some other hosting companies, with 50,000+ customers and 600,000+ sites hosted, but they make up for it with feature-rich plans and excellent customer care.
When it comes to cloud-based managed WordPress hosting, Cloudways is one of the best providers.
Their WordPress cloud servers provide a lot of cool features. And you can scale up or down your hosting resources as your site develops.
Are you still undecided about hosting your WordPress site on a cloud server? Don’ Worry, Cloudways provides a 3-day free trial to try out their platform.
You can also read : InMotion Hosting Pricing – Is this Legit or a Gimmick?
Cloudways Review FAQs
Where are the Cloudways datacenters?
Depending on which cloud service you select, you may host your site’s data in data centers in the United States, Asia, South America, or Europe.
The 62 data centers are spread across 15 countries and 33 cities.
Can I migrate my existing website to Cloudways hosting?
Yes, the Cloudways team will assist you with migrating your current site for free.
Can I scale up and down using Cloudways?
When utilizing GCP and AWS, you can only scale down. The other three cloud providers are limited in their ability to scale down.
You may always clone your site and deploy it on a lower-spec server as a workaround.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.