In this AccuWeb hosting review, we are going to discuss one of the most reliable hosting service providers.
As you certainly know, a hosting service is the first thing you need when you want to build an independent website.
There are tons of alternatives available out there, and it isn’t always easy to understand what option is the best for your needs and budget.
In our AccuWeb hosting review, our aim is to describe every detail of this hosting service so that you’ll be able to understand whether or not it can work for you.
|Web Hosting Name||Accuweb Hosting|
|Plans Start From||$5,49/ Month|
|Promo Code/ Coupon||NA|
|Features||Ideal for businesses, Free hosting options for students, and many more|
AccuWeb Hosting Review – what is AccuWeb?
Let’s start from the beginning: what is Accuweb and what can it do for you?
AccuWeb is a hosting service provider. What does it mean?
When you build a website you need a place, a physical place that is usually a server, that is constantly connected to the Internet where you can store all the data and files related to your website so that users can connect to the website itself.
Of course, nobody purchases a server and keeps it in their houses. Companies – unless they are huge or they deal with cyber-security or espionage – don’t do it either.
What they do is rent some space from a server located somewhere in the world that is constantly online and constantly maintained (because servers need maintenance!).
In exchange for this service, you’re asked to pay a fee.
Depending on how complex is your website, you can rent less or more space on the server, or purchase less or more additional features.
AccuWeb is a company that provides this service to you: you can rent some server space to host your website, you can pay for additional features, and you can customize your offer, for example, depending on the operative system that you want to set up on your virtual machine.
AccuWeb Hosting Review – why choose it?
AccuWeb has always been known for some aspects that distinguish this service from any other.
First of all, it offers the highest-quality Windows hosting. If you use Windows, if you need to run a virtual machine with a Windows system installed, AccuWeb is the hosting service for you.
With time, AccuWeb also began to offer other customizations: for example, now you can choose from dozen operating systems (Linux, Windows, and all their versions). This isn’t something common with hosting services.
Ideal for businesses
Entrepreneurs and professionals aren’t the only ones opening websites these days. However, the AccuWeb service is particularly suitable for them.
Amateurs could find their service too complicated to handle and choose and too expensive.
Professionals, on the contrary, will hardly find the same level of customization elsewhere.
One more reason why you should choose AccuWeb over other hosting service providers is that their servers are spread all over the world (in every continent).
The physical distance between you and your server location isn’t important when it’s a matter of hundreds of miles; but, if you are located in Europe, you want – at least – a server also located in Europe.
With AccuWeb, everyone can get a server in the same continent where they are located: this can improve their websites or virtual machines performances.
AccuWeb Hosting Review – Plans & Pricing
As we’ve mentioned throughout the entire AccuWeb Hosting review, this hosting provider offers tons of customizations.
Often, the price is calculated depending on the precise features you require.
However, there are some standard plans: they mainly offer different prices depending on the disk space you rent.
To every plan also correspond a different bandwidth, like so:
- The Personal Plan provides 10 GB of disk space and 500 GB of bandwidth. It costs $5,49 per month.
- The Small Business Plan provides 30 GB of disk space and 750 Gb of bandwidth. It costs $7.49 per month.
- The Enterprise Plan provides 50 GB of disk space and 1 TB of bandwidth. It costs $12.49 per month.
- The VPS Mercury Plan provides a Virtual Private Server with 20 GB of disk space and 150 GB of bandwidth. It costs $7.99 per month.
- The VOS Earth Plan provides a Virtual Private Server with 30 GB of disk space and 250 GB of bandwidth. It costs $15.99 per month.
- The VPS Saturn Plan provides a Virtual Private Server with 50 GB of disk space and 450 GB of bandwidth. It costs $31.99 per month.
- The VPS Galaxy Plan provides a Virtual Private Server with 90 GB of disk space and 800 GB of bandwidth. It costs $139.99 per month.
- The VPS Universe Plan provides a Virtual Private Server with 120 GB of disk space and 1 TB of bandwidth. It costs $291.99 per month.
There is also a money-back guarantee, but its duration changes depending on the plan you subscribe to:
- For the first three plans you have a 30-day money-back guarantee;
- For the VPS hosting, you have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
AccuWeb Hosting Review – pros and cons
We’ve spoken so far about AccuWeb benefits, but does it also have some limits?
Let’s try to compare the advantages and disadvantages in this pros and cons section of our AccuWeb review.
- Ideal for windows hosting – As we’ve mentioned, AccuWeb is historically known for being ideal for Windows Hosting. Despite it being evolved with time, it still remains the best option for all Windows users.
- Free hosting options for students – If you are a student, you can applicate for a free hosting plan.
- Server locations – AccuWeb provides several servers location options. They are located oìin every continent. They can be assigned to you, but you can also select your favorite one.
- Premium customer support – AccuWeb provides premium customer support: you can contact the support team by a live chat, email, and even phone them. Having efficient customer service is extremely important with hosting providers because anything can happen. And if you run your business online, you need direct contact with the people who can solve your issues.
- Email features – AccuWeb email features are not outstanding. They are, in fact, a bit outdated.
AccuWeb Hosting review – what are the best alternatives?
If you are a Windows user, especially if you need to run a virtual machine, search for no alternatives: opt for AccuWeb, you won’t find anything better.
However, all other users could be interested in discovering some alternatives:
- BlueHost: this is the best AccuWeb alternative if you are a complete beginner and you are on a small budget. BlueHost is one of the cheapest hosting providers.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is usually used to purchase a domain name, however, they also offer a hosting service. If you are an amateur or run a small business you could also opt for it.
- A2 Hosting: this is, instead, a choice for those who need higher-end hosting. In particular, A2 hosting is known for its VPS and dedicated hosting solutions.
- Dream Host: this could be a good alternative especially if you can work with shared hosting solutions.
- WP Engine: if you already know that WordPress will be your website builder and manager, then you may want to choose a hosting service that is well integrated with it. In this case, WP Engine would be your best option.
The choice of your hosting service provider is important because making the right choice means avoiding problems in the future.
AccuWeb has been in the field for long enough to be considered reliable. It provides anything you can ask for.
The only users who may find it unsuitable for them are complete beginners.
AccuWeb Hosting Review: FAQ
Is AccuWeb new to the hosting service?
No, it is not. On the contrary, the AccuWeb company has been providing hosting services since 2002.
Were speaking about 20-year experience in a field that isn’t much older than 20!
Does AccuWeb provide an SSL Certificate?
The SSL Certificate is included in most of AccuWeb hosting plans.
Does AccuWeb offer a free domain?
It depends on the plan you purchase. The most expensive ones have the domain name registration included in the price.
The personal plan doesn’t include it. However, a domain name registration can cost a couple of dollars per month.
Can I migrate my website to AccuWeb hosting?
Yes. Plus, the migration services are completely free. Whether you want to start a new website or want to migrate an already existing one, the price wouldn’t change.
Migration is made easy through a process explained in every detail.
Furthermore, if you need help, you can contact the customer service that is always ready to provide step-by-step support.
Amit Gupta is the Writer & Editor of Best-Hosting.org, a website that provides helpful guides and resources on Website Designing, Hosting, and Speed Optimization. After completing his high school certification, Amit spent half a decade learning about website designing using different hosting servers available. Before forming Best-Hosting.org, Amit worked for several hosting companies.